Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I am looking to buy a 2000 komatsu pc 40 r 8 excavator looking…

Customer Question
I am looking to buy...
I am looking to buy a 2000 komatsu pc 40 r 8 excavator looking for any inherent problems tracks, hydraulic pumps, engine,parts avalibility ect. this machine has has 3900 hrs on it
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/6/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. By chance do you have the serial number of the machine?
These are not bad machines if they were taken care of and maintained properly. I recommend having a field technician do an analysis and inspection on the machine for you and give you an evaluation report. It also can then be used as a negotiation tool on any problems found and if any major problems such as metal in the hydraulic filter or final drive gearboxes, etc. save you from making a bad purchase. they will inspect the undercarriage, belts, hoses, swing bearing, pins and bushings and bucket, look for leaks, discoloration or signs of problems in the oil and filters, etc. so you know what you are buying. If the machine was taken care of and passes an inspection it should be a decent little machine. Now the other thing to check is if the serial number is ***** US serial number. If not it will be grey market and parts can be difficult to cross here in the US. Let me know.