Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

John Deere 690B will not boom up and crowd in at the same time.

Customer Question
Crowd wins and stops the...
John Deere 690B will not boom up and crowd in at the same time. Crowd wins and stops the boom up function, lifting the machine up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You, Bob
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I really don't know how else to explain it, pressures check good.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Pilot pressures check good also. Thanks, Bob
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/3/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician
Hi Bob, My name is***** will be glad to help. Check the in tank return filter for fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure. Check the pump signal pressure to both sides of the front and rear pumps to verify both pumps are getting signaled for two pump flow when multi functions are operated as they should. If so then the problem is in the pump itself and if not the problem is a signal pressure problem to the pumps. Let me know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tank return filter was clean. All filters have been replaced. I did not see anything in the service manual about signal pressures, will look for that. Bob
Hi Bob, Correction I was thinking about the next generation 690. This one has fixed displacement gear pumps. It is possible there is a weak pump but check the combined and split flow inlet valve sections and your relife cartridges for debris and damaged o rings and for a sticking valve. To help with parts diagrams click on this link and enter your model. Then select sectional index.Parts
Dan, Technician