Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jcb 803 plus and the high speed tracking is not working…

I have a jcb 803...
I have a jcb 803 plus and the high speed tracking is not working I diagnosed and all electric is working correctly solenoid is engaging and dis engaging when on the front right final drive making a clicking noise when track is moving but nothing speeds up??
Relist: No answer yet.
Answered in 10 days by:
4/28/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the electrical is good then check the filter for signs of fimne metal indicating a component failure. Also pin the tracl between the sprocket and track chain to prevent movement, Disconnect the drive motor case drain and run a hose from the motor port into a bucket. Engage travel and if it comes out under high volume or pressure that rive motor is bad with excessive internal leakage. Let me know
OK thank you I will look further into it would that affect both motors? Both sides? If one is bad the weird noise that we get one and engages is the clicking noise in the hydraulic hoses vibrate profusely
thanks for the update Dan. No it would not as it is highly unlikely for two drive motors to fail at once unless contamination caused a second failure. Glad you mentioned that. Reseal your rotary manifold. Pressure is bypassing internally in the seals. it is a common wear item on all excavators.
No thank you I appreciate your help should I pressure test something first to provide a little bit more info before tearing it down?
Hi Dan, Ive worked for Komatsu, JCB, Deere, Cat, and Volvo before going independent and 9 times out of 10 travel problems are related to rotary manifold seals as pressure will bypass to another port in the manifold and cause a loss of pressure and flow to the drive motors. Resealing the manifold is actually less labor than adapting to try to pressure test every port and is a part of the troubleshooting process to just reseal the manifold.
I really appreciate your help that's everything I need to hear you are the best!
Pleasure to help Dan.
Be sure to verify there is no traces of fine metal or debris in the hydraulic filter that would indicate a component or drive motor failure as well. If clean, then reseal the manifold then once you know there is no pressure loss in the manifold you can check the drive motors for excessive internal leakage by the case drain.
Dan, Technician