Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on many road graders, Bull dozers , skid steers, Rollers
6825259

We got run off the road last week and hit a price of metal

Customer Question

We got run off the road last week and hit a price of metal which hit the left tank and cut left front tire. Had to fix tank and splice line. We took it to our shop to asses any other damages and noticed the turbo was cracked. We replaced the turbo and center piece of exhaust on my 6nz c15 engine. Also while we had to take the thermostat housing off we put 2 new thermostats in and a new gauge in as the old one stopped working. That being said me and my partner drive mon-Friday most weeks and never shut truck down other than to check oil and fuel. But after doing the work on it this past week we noticed the oil pressure is dropping about 5 lbs. every day. Last week before everything it would stay at 65 psi at 1700 rpm now it's at 38-40 psi. And at idle it only drops to 33-35 rpm. What do we need to check ?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We drive a 1996 379 Peterbilt with a 2002 6NZ C15 engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oil pressure dropping on 6nz c15 engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this what you are describing is a failing oil pressure sensor The sensor is located on the drivers side of the engine near the fuel filter.I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
HI Just following up with you did my answer help you let me know , please Wayne