Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

He'll I'm having trouble with pegson crusher 11650 JA: We'll

Customer Question
He'll I'm having trouble with...
He'll I'm having trouble with pegson crusher 11650
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Jay not staying closed
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It doesn't see to be building pressure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/7/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** is the serial number of your crusher? Is the jaw the only circuit with a problem or are other functions having trouble as well? If isolated to just the jaw, check the control valve for metal debris and full movement of the valve. If ok remove the relief valve cartridge for that circuit and inspect for damage, damaged o rings, or debris causing a bypass of pressure. If ok verify if the cylinder is bypassing internally if the pressures are good. Let me know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To be honest everything is bypassed because the front screen gave trouble so I just tied down all spools and gave power to solenoid to start jaw and it has worked fine until now just no pressure to keep jaw closed when crushing and I can open and close jaw manual it's like it's loosing prrssure ill just get serial number and foward it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
650296cehr
Ax866
46590
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any idea what pressure i should have at the block that is located just infront of the jaw its a massive block and the pressure to the cylinders by should i remove the 2 relief valves and inspect
I will have to do some digging but I am not sure I have the pressure specs for this one...
This sound like a pump output problem if the reliefs are good
i have got nothing for pressure specs. for this model. But from the sounds of it you pressure loss will likely be so obvious you wont need the specs if your pressure is extremely low. Most circuits start at least 2200 PSI and can be up to 6000 PSI in general so if you are under 2000 PSI it is an obvious indicator of a pump or relief valve problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry fell asleep long day I'm going to check pressure today and remove reliefs to check o rings and check for debris only thing that confuses me is there is a thing on the block under the jaw it on the side of the block the feed from spool goes into this round like valve or something I've never seen one and don't under stand it's purpose
Can you grab some pictures tomorrow? The paperclip link will allow you to upload the documents
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ya no problem ill do it shortly other thing is I know all these work manually but I'd like to get it rite and back on electrics could you tell me if the front screen with the buttons to controll everything does that need to be programmed to crusher some people say the do some don't
It has to be programmed to your crusher and calibration needs to be done.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks dan first thing this morning ill take pictures of this block see can you shed some light on this block for me see what valves are doing what I'm just waiting for my guages to be returned then I can start taking pressures
What are the numbers from the tag? and any manufacturer info?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All the numbers have failed all I could get is hydraulic booster
Thanks for the update. Let me opt out in case another expert might be more familiar with that valve assembly.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks
Dan, Technician