Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Case bulldozer 1988 1450B dozer lost power to RH track in low…

Customer Question
case bulldozer 1988 1450B dozer...
case bulldozer 1988 1450B dozer lost power to RH track in low range, it worked okay at first in hi range now after stopping overnite the range lever won't move?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/6/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the hydraulic filter and oil for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal component failure occurring. If ok then inspect the control valve and relief valve cartridges for metal/debris,damage/damaged o rings, and sticking. If ok and there is good pressure to the drive motor, check for excessive case drain pressure at the drive motor indicating a faulty drive motor. there should be a low volume of oil from the case drain port on the drive motor with travel engaged but against a loading gick etc to prevent movement and a hose run into a bucket.Let me know