Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

New Holland Skid Steer LX565 - Won't Start- Fuel is

New Holland Skid Steer LX565...
New Holland Skid Steer LX565 - Won't Start- Fuel is getting to injectors 1 and 3, but not 2 and 4
- Changed Fuel Pump and FiltersNext thing seems to be solenoid but I can't figure out how to remove.Cranks and Cranks, but wont turn over.
4/5/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
http://www.messicks.com/nh/317520?sectionId=26264&diagramId=317520_323788
#25 is the fuel solenoid, it screws out, just back it out and see if engine will start. If it starts you will have to screw solenoid back in to kill engine, or reach in and push on the linkage. The solenoid has two coils, one has to have power as soon as key is turned on, the other only when starter is engaged, it pulls the solenoid into place, and the smaller coil holds it till key is turned off.See the link above.
Could this be the issue for only having 2 injectors firing, I removed the injectors and only 2 holes are squirting fuel??
It should not affect only two cylinders, but I suspect none of the injectors are getting the full fuel amount. All injectors should be squirting, and not just dribbling.I assume you have good fuel supply to the injection pump area.
Yes.
OK, slip the solenoid out and give it a chance.
I've turned and turned it but it's not "backing" out, just turning
http://www.messicks.com/part/sba185206085/solenoidSee the above link, it definitely has threads. Is the threaded part turning, or just the housing?
Solenoid is good, but the "injector pump seems off, 2 of the knobs are stuck up and don't move
That is the problem. Each (knob) is the injection pump for individual cylinder. They are all separate. Did you have contaminated fuel? The injection pump section will need new (knobs) , the injector plunger and bushings.
http://www.messicks.com/nh/317520?sectionId=26264&diagramId=317520_323796
See link for parts . Please accept to close and get me credit!
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Can you tell me specifically which parts to replace?
The 5th item is reman injector, that is what you need, as the other parts -6-7-8 or not serviced separately. Or take the assembly out and have it repaired. You need minimum of two, but all 4 might be better
Ok, I took the assembly out, I will order all (4) of the reman injectors and replace them, hopefully that fixes it.
OK> That should do it, but be sure you clean the fuel system and change the filter.