Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Got a 1250 turbo, 1994 and whilst if started with rollers…

Customer Question
Hi, Got a 1250 turbo, 1994...
Got a 1250 turbo, 1994 and whilst if started with rollers engaged in fwd, once you put to nuetral it won't run either fwd or rev. Restart it it goes fwd again, if started in fwd. occasionally it will go into rev but runs very slow, then won't go fwd after that without a restart.
Ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
It is a Vermeer 1250 turbo, 1994 model.
4/3/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi Chris my name is***** this the Vermeer chipper or trencher/tractor model? do you have the serial number?
Thanks for the update. You are having a feed roller problem then. Check inside the hydraulic filter for signs of metal/debris indicting a potential pump/component ( drive motor) failure occurring. If ok, check the control valve for full engagement in both directions as well as remove and inspect the relief valve cartridges for debris and damaged o rings causing them the stick or a bypass of pressure. Let me know..
It is 2:16AM here where I am and I need to button up for the night/morning but we can post back and forth as needed. I log in in between jobs and evenings here for follow ups. Let me know