Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a T190 (year 2005) that when I parked it last winter

Customer Question

I have a T190 (year 2005) that when I parked it last winter was fine. Now it starts, tracks work, but both hand controls and foot controls are locked. I have code 32-04. Found a 10amp fuse blown and replaced and also found a wire a mouse chewed on the hand to foot control switch that may have hit ground... Also taken care of. I still have the code and no use of bucket functions
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ryan, My name is***** you get this resolved? If not I will be glad to help. What is the serial number of your machine? Also I will look up your code and post info shortly.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Code 32-04 Is "ACS not communicating with Bobcat Controller" and any 32-xx code will shut down your controls.

If you can raise the cab and thoroughly inspect your harness and connector pins for corrosion or damage.

If the harness checks ok and no open or shorted circuits are found then you may have a faulty controller. There is no real test beyond process and elimination to condemn the controller. If there is power and ground, harness tests good but controller is not responding points to a bad controller. Be sure you have thoroughly checked the wiring. Let me know

This can be tricky and time-consuming to track down, if it's not obvious when you lift the cab

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened the cab and checked all wiring and harnesses that I could track. Everything seemed ok. Nothing worn, bare or damaged.I am not near my machine but when I am, do you still need the s/n?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you pulled every connector, inspected every pin and the wires for any rubbed through insulation in cable clamps etc and the controller has power and ground, you likely have a faulty controller.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It is either the harness or the controller itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check all, check for power and verify ground, then report back. Thx
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Pleasure to help.