Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

My New Holland LS190- Skid steer Will Crank and run as as I

Customer Question
My New Holland LS190-B Skid...
My New Holland LS190-B Skid steer Will Crank and run as long as I want to. If I unhook the seatbelt, get out of seat or turn off key, it dies and won't start bac until engine is entirely cold. Then it will start again and run all day as long as you don't turn it off or get out. So far I have replaced the EIC, Main Solenoid, Fuel relay, Diode, Fuel shutoff solenoid. I also have the fuel solenoid straight wired from the switch because it does not get power.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What kind of details?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/26/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is your machine serial number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will get it shortly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
N5M418230
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here are some pics
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for the info Shane. So this only occurs after the safety interlock switches are disengaged? That is odd that it seems to be temp related before allowing starting again.... The ECU has been replaced and reflashed??

Click on this link for the troubleshooting information to help with this.

Troubleshooting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brand new ecu. Fuel solenoid seems to be connected to temp sensor and hydraulic pressure sensor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the delays in answering. I am changing out a busted hydraulic hose too

Is the fuel solenoid hooked back up factory now and this is occurring or is it still bypassed with this problem? If hooked up factory what are you getting for symptoms? any errors or fault indicators?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fuel Solenoid is still jumpered from the switch. There is no power to solenoid without jumper.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No errors or indicators on ecu. All fuses good.

Thanks for the update.

AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN

If either the engine oil pressure,or hydrostatic charge

pressure fall below certain limits, the EIC will remove

power from the fuel solenoid after 30 seconds,

stopping the engine.

If this condition occurs, turn off the ignition key.

Before unbuckling the seat belt, turn the ignition key

to the “ON” position and lower the boom and

attachment to the ground or rest the boom on the

boom lock pins. Turn the ignition key to the “OFF”

position.

The operator may immediately restart the engine

again. Should the function remain faulted, power will

again be removed from the fuel solenoid in another

30 seconds and the engine will again stop.During the

30-second alarm period, the “ENGINE STOP”

symbol will flash. If this condition continues, locate

the fault and repair.

IMPORTANT:

Use caution when restarting the

loader because of the possibility of NO

LUBRICATING OILS for the engine and/or the

hydrostatic transmission. DO NOT restart the loader

more than once or operate the engine at high

speeds. Damage to the engine and/or transmissions

may occur. Contact your New Holland dealer for

assistance.

If an alarm is caused by 3, 4, or 7, the CHARACTER

DISPLAY will change to show the numeric value of

the function that caused the alarm

See PDF 683-686 in the manual I posted..... Scroll through with that procedure to see if any faults are found and also check the temps through the display as shown in the manual..... Possible a faulty temp sensor or oil pressure sensor, Pressure sensor, or harness problem causing false readings.

Dan, Technician