Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My Telect boom rig work normally except auger. It stalls

Customer Question

My Telect boom rig work normally except for the auger. It stalls immediately upon contact with the ground and it seem to turn slower than before.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sherman, my name is***** are a few things to check before needing test gauges and a flow meter to verify pump flow in Gallons per Minute to the drive motor which creates the torque and speed.

Check your return hydraulic filter fo fine metal/debris indicating a pump or drive motor failure occurring. If clean check the relief valves for damaged o rings or debris causing them to stick for that function creating a bypass of pressure. Also, verify the engine RPMs are in range for the use of the auger per your specs for boom rig. If metal is found then the failed motor or pump needs to be rebuilt or replaced and the system fully cleaned out. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me what I already knew. Thought you might have a more detailed suggestion.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sherman, We can post back and forth as needed. so since we already covered these bases before posting your question, what did you find in the return filter? any fine metal or debris? Metallic glitter in the oil when dumping the filter? Do you have a digital temperature reader to take temps at the pumps and the discharge lines, then the auger motor to see if there is high temp indicating a restriction ( Restrictions create heat). How did the relief valves look? scored? damaged o rings? stuck open from metal/debris?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know the results and we can move forward with further troubleshooting if needed.