Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2003 JCB 214E backhoe and the shuttle shift will…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 2003...
Hi, I have a 2003 JCB 214E backhoe and the shuttle shift will allow it to reverse but not go forward. It has been to a JCB dealer twice and $4k later still no solution. It works for a few days intermittently and then stops altogether. It seems to be Electrical. I recently replaced the starter and it worked fine in the yard for a day or two but has no forward movement. Reverse works fine! Any help? Dan***@******.***
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/11/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

The shuttle has two solenoids that have to make forward and reverse. Are you getting voltage to the solenoid in forward? If not, check the shifter to see if problem is at shifter. If the solenoids get voltage from the shifter, swap the two solenoids to see if solenoid is bad.