Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Some of my stick and boom hydraulics will not respond to the…

Customer Question
Some of my stick and...
Some of my stick and boom hydraulics will not respond to the joystick controls.
All other controls ( tracks, blade, swing ) seem to be fine.
Machine: 2002 Cat 308CSR ( Japanese Cat )
My machine is almost identical to a common 308CCR, except for an offset boom
I have a Huge factory manual, but am just not knowledgeable enough yet with
it's hydraulics to diagnose the problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/8/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Check the filter for signs of fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component problem occurring. If clean verify pilot and main pressure with test gauges and if any particular circuits are low remove the relief cartridges for those circuits and inspect for debris, damaged o rings and for sticking open. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Hi Dan, I should have stated from the outset that the machine is in a remote location, and I can only get there when
time allows. Next time i can get there ( next week sometime ), I will remove the filter for the pilot system, and inspect it for debris. I will let you know what I find. Thanks for now.

Thanks for the update and a pleasure to help