Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Not sure how this works so i guess ill just ask have jd

Customer Question
hi not sure how this...
hi not sure how this works so i guess ill just ask have jd 310sg rear yoke broke off at trans. took it off loaded it on trailer in reverse with*****locked in took it off trailer now no 4th or reverse any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/8/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi David, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. It takes a lot of force or shock load to break the yoke off the transmission. It is highly likely that the transmission suffered some internal damage from the shock to the internal components. Check the filter for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal failure. Are you getting any fault indicators? It is possible if mechanically everything checks out that it could be a speed sensor, harness, or shift controller problem as well. Let me know if there are any fault codes.

Hi David, Did you get this resolved?