Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2008 262C skid steer loader it worked fine i raised…

Customer Question
i have a 2008 262C...
i have a 2008 262C skid steer loader it worked fine i raised the bucket all the way up and shut off machine. When i restarted the machine it drives fine but bucket/ arms wont lower. it has a amber ! on the right counsil?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/8/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago
Bradley Martin

Is the lap bar down and seat belt buckled when you try to operate the boom?

i can drive machine but cant lower bucket. its like the right hand joystick controls are disabled but the auxillary buttom works....
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

what is the first 3 digits of your serial number?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

Can you get me the serial number so I can pull up the right manual?

It's a 2008 262c I'm not sure where serial number located machine is pretty beat up. I tried looking at door sensor, hydraulic filter sensor, checked fuses, re connecting battery etc still has Amber ! Light flashing
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

Where is the amber ! at on the display?

Is there and codes that pop up on the digital display?

Also make sure your hydraulic interlock switch is not flipped it is in the left hand overhead panel that will disable you hydraulic functions.

on the Left overhead counsil. I don't Have digital display. i tried flipping all switches still nothing. The only thing that works on the right joy stick is the aux to open and close 4 in one bucket.everything else on the machine seems to be working normally
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

Does the amber ! stay on or does it flash?

It flashes when you turn key on and also flashes when engine is running
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

What kind of display do you have on the right hand corner panel can you send a picture of it?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

For some reason the manual I am pulling up and your picture do not match are you sure the model number is ***** and can you look in the cab to find some kind of serial number may be on the frame by the wheels. I need the right model number

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

Try this test let me know what you find out.