Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I leased a PC 138 and I am getting error code 05. Can you…

Customer Question
I leased a PC...

I leased a PC 138 and I am getting error code 05. Can you help me? Machine seems to be running fine but keep getting the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That's really all I know. All fluid levels and guages are fine. I just can't figure out what this code means. I just don't want to hurt the machine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/7/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. that fault is for the throttle/governor control. what is the full model with any dashes and serial number of your machine so I can be sure to give you the correct troubleshooting for your machine?

Pc138uslc-2

Is it a dash 6, dash 8 , etc?

E-5 Automatic warm-up system does not operate (in cold season)

We seemed to have posted at the same time. Thanks for the info... Let me verify the same info for your dash 2 as my post was for dash 8

Pc138uslc-2e0 serial 1884

Thanks for the info. I will see what I can pull up for you. Also if you are interested there is a full PDF version service book with full schematics, testing/troubleshooting, Specs, and repair information as well for under 25 dollars. Click here for the link

Manual

If you like I have the full manual as well and can open up my link for less if interested.

No thanks I'll just wait until you have more info on this

That fault is for the decelerator motor circuit. There are likely more codes logged in the monitor panel for the more specific parts of the circuit to help in troubleshooting. Are you aware of how to access them through your monitor? Let me know

I am not how do I do that

E05 identifies the decelerator circuit but scroll through the monitor to get the complete codes. Press the buzzer cancel switch plus the auto decel switch for 2.5 seconds or more....

Buzzer cancel switch and work mode selector up and down to scroll through codes.

E308 E05 is Fuel dial input value error

E317 E05 is Decel motor system disconnect abnormalty

E318 E05 is Decel motor system short circuit abnormality

These are what your fault codes will be like. Let me know what you have and if they are other than what I just posted I will look them up for you

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to rate my service.