Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a komatsu 200-7 serial number A87533 and it has 8500…

Customer Question
I have a komatsu 200-7...
I have a komatsu 200-7 serial number A87533 and it has 8500 hours on it and over the last few years the hydraulics have been getting jerkier for the first half hour of operation? Once the hydraulic oil is at 100 degrees it's completely gone. It's mainly in the lift and track drive. It's pretty bad when it's below freezing outside but when it's 70 degrees out its barely noticeable. It runs and functions great just jerky. I've changed all the filters and I've changed hydraulic oil and put in a TO-4 10wt CAT oil. I'm looking for any ideas? I haven't hooked up pressure gauges to the system yet but that's my next step.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/7/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

HiCustomer My name is***** will be glad to help. On most newer hydraulic systems they are recommending an AW46 rather than the prior AW32 always used to meet the higher demands of the more advanced systems today. Check your in tank return filter for signs of fine metal indicating a pump or component problem occurring. If clean then test your pressures and compare to specs. click on this link for this models specs. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this

http://kunisaki-jyuhan.jp/stocklist/Specifications/Excavators/PC200-7.pdf

Hi, Did you get this resolved?