Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jd70d excavator,and wont swing anymore jammed up Is…

Customer Question
I have a jd70d...

I have a jd70d excavator,and wont swing anymore jammed up Is it cost effective to reolace the swing bearing and what would be cost if even avalable

Mechanic's Assistant: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.

While working lately when swinging the machine you could feel a roughness to the swing and has been leaking grease onto the carbody yesterday it jammed up on a swing and will not go in either direction...

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?

Just want to know if it is feasable to repair machine or look for another one . It is only used on farm a couple of hrs now and then.. Thank You

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/4/2016
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

sorry to tell you ,but the bearings,Races,spacers and Plate are no longer available

the only thing is to search scrap yards for parts

but will be hard to find,

Sorry to give you this news, not what you want to hear

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

Hi

Just following up with you

did my answer help you

let me know , Please