Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I'm working on a 2009 s185, the problem is the tilt, lift…

Customer Question
I'm working on a 2009...
I'm working on a 2009 s185, the problem is the tilt, lift functions are not working, the bics is giving me a code m3204, I have switched and unswitched power to the acs controller but don't get any signal power to release the locks for any of the controllers, ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/4/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

faukt code m3204 throttle controller has no communication. Is this intermittent or happens all the time? Have you checked the relays and fuses in the engine compartment?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Do you have a cab on this loader?

All fuses and relay are good, and yes it has a cab. My service manual says m3204 is ACS controller no communication, I'm trying to figure out what it's not communicating with, this machine has two other controllers on it and the service manual is very vague on how they talk to each other, also in my experience 99% of the time a communication error is harness related, also the schematic I am working with the serial number is ***** the same as the machines so I'm not sure if I'm tracing the right wires, any help would be appreciated.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

What is your serial number I will see if I can dig up a schematic for you?

This is not an intermittent problem, no lift or tilt functions at all
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Can you give me your serial number so I can locate a schematic?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

and are the lap bar lights, seat switch and seat belt lights coming on the BICS box?

S/N # ***** ***** all lights come on but the tilt/lift function light is constantly flashing
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Does the light blink continually or does it blink a code?

Continually blinking, no codes
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you checked the lift/tilt solenoid coil for power?

No power to the solenoid, so I checked continuity on wire # ***** which according to my schematic is power supply wire for that solenoid and it is good, so what are the parameters that effect that circuit? Door switch, lap bar?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

start with door switch check continuity through it. if your lap bar light is on then the lap bar switch should be working