Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a 963c track loader yesterday I was backing up full…

We have a 963c track...
We have a 963c track loader yesterday I was backing up full throttle and it blew one of the main hoses today I replaced the hose filled it back with fluid and it will not let the loader move with flashing light and code 079 and fmi 00. What should I look for ?
3/2/2016
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 6 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Please post the full machine serial number with your reply.

The first code only indicates the Module ID, 079 is from the hydrostatic control ECM

The last part is the FMI and describes the type of failure.

FMI 00"High". If an input is still functioning in the valid range but the input is sending a signal that is above the
acceptable limit of the parameter, an FMI 00 code will be generated. On Cat ® Data Link event codes are normally
used for this condition.

We still need the CID (component id) to not the item that is at fault.

This number should be after the MID 079.

Try using the control switches in the right console to view all the codes. Please list the active or logged codes in the order they scroll out. (Active codes have the works SERV CODE shown with the code on the display, logged code do not.)

I will be away some today but, I can help more tonight. I will OPT-OUT if you would prefer someone else to help you.

Hey is it's 2ds01205 PIN number ?

Thanks, ***** ***** a good serial number.

If you can get those codes, I will try to respond as soon as possible.

Theirs quite a few!!
0466.03
0466.13
0467.03
0468.03
0469.05

Thanks for the info, sorry for the late reply. It has been a busy day.

You did not note is any were active. Did the words SERV CODE appear with any of these codes?

Have you been disconnecting wires with the key on?

The last code seems the most likely problem. I would want to know if it is active before beginning much troubleshooting.

You may need to run the machine to get the codes back active again. Then record them in the order they appear.

If you did not have any other codes, you can try clearing these and see which return when you try to move the machine.

Here is a list of the codes you have with all the different FMI codes.

CID 0466 Position Sensor (Left Pedal)
FMI 03 Voltage that is above normal or shorted high
FMI 04 Voltage that is below normal or shorted low
FMI 11 Failure mode that is not identifiable
FMI 13 Out of calibration

CID 0467 Position Sensor (Right Pedal)
FMI 13 Out of calibration

CID 0468 Position Sensor (Center Pedal)
FMI 11 Failure that is mode not identifiable
FMI 13 Out of calibration

CID 0469 Solenoid Valve (Left Forward Steering)
FMI 05 Current that is below normal or open circuit
FMI 06 Current that is above normal or grounded circuit
FMI 12 Bad device or component failed

I had the pedals off to get at the hose and I started it to check for leaks with out putting the pedals on . How do I reset the computer?Their was no other numbers I'll get them in order and send them again
03(###) ###-####13(###) ###-####03 service code(###) ###-####03(###) ###-####05
Only one had the service light on it as shown above and all in order. no others show service light while flashing

Great, lets start with that active code.

I will attach a troubleshooting guide for the code. Verify the pins and wires are not damaged before you begin, it can happen easily.

When you finish, tie down all loose harnesses and even the connectors. Vibration on a connector will cause corrosion to form internally.

The better it is tied to something solid, the less problem you will have.

I will also attach instruction for working with your service switches. After repairs are complete, you should be able to remove all codes.

(Note: Codes that are active will not clear and certain Event codes do not clear without a factory password. Event codes have the letter E in front of the code number.)

If you need more help with this issue, please let me know.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician