Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

200lc jcb excavater hydrolic tank screen filter stops up…

Customer Question
200lc jcb excavater hydrolic tank...
200lc jcb excavater hydrolic tank screen filter stops up with paper like materal nothing showing in oil or filters
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/29/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

How many times has it done this multiple or just once?

several
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Are you using the same fluid everytime?

everythjng isalways the same at 1st we would change filters and fluid then it would not help unless washed screen filter out never see anything in oil or any return filter just in screen over suction hose outlet in tank
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

are you working an attachment or just a bucket?

just bucket
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you washed the inside of the tank out? And How it always done this?

it has started this about a year ago like i said we have drained oil n washed tank 3 to 4 times makes no difference the only help is to pressure wash 4 by 6 round screen on the rod in the tank has lint like stuff in it
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

What filter are you changing when you change the oil?

the hydrolic filters 1 in tank an 1 outside of tank the are never stopped up or have anything in them if opened up that screen however will completly starve the pump for oil when it stops up
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Let me do some research on this. This is a tough question. And sorry I keep asking you questions.

ok is the tank pressurised , if so nothing foreign could be intering the system to be caught in screen
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

correct the tank is pressurized. nothing external should be getting in the tank

think about it , be waiting to hear
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

where does you machine stay parked at?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

I am going to opt out and let a more experienced guy on excavators try to handle this sorry I could not help

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the complete model with any dashes and serial number?

Also:

1. Has there been any work on the hydraulic system on any components or has the system been opened up for any reason prior to this occurring?

2. Can you give a detailed description of this material or upload a picture using the paperclip icon above the chat box?

Just for confirmation pull, cut a sample, squeeze excess oil in a vise from the sample, and inspect the return filter in the tank to see if it made it to the return filter and if there is any fine metal like metallic glitter in the return filter.

Is it possible someone may have vandalized his machine. Not sure what in the system would produce paper unless someone used tape or something on a port and forgot about it going back together maybe? Or a filter that had come apart in the past

hi dan, tractor has had no issues before this , it is left many different places , but i dont ever see any evidence of vandelism
serial# ***** jcb js200lc using tractor now maybe tomorrow before i could pull filter

Thanks for the update. Let me know

pulled filter, cut ,squeezed oil out ,afew flakes of metal and a little black oil came onto shop towel

Thanks for the update. Fine metal is a sign of component failure occurring. Could you upload a picture of this metal and paper material? The paperclip icon up top allows you to upload documents.

was not enough flakes to even worry about probably produced when pump starved for oil when screen plugged however ,i believe i have found the problem , fixing , and going to try it thanks

Thanks for the update. Keep me posted but also keep an eye on the fine metal flakes as if you continue to find them it means the pump or component is progressively getting worse. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

i think its fixed

Thanks for the update. Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits me for my time helping on the site. Glad to hear you got this fixed.

Let me know if i can be of more help.

Dan, Technician