Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Just recently my turbo doesnt spool up on start up or at

Customer Question

Just recently my turbo doesnt spool up on start up or at anytime anymore really. Going down the road the response just isnt there anymore. It will still pull but the response isnt what it used to be. It will build up to 35 pulling like it used to but takes longer to do it. What do you think could be the issue? Turbo has over 800,000 miles on it.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If you did not calibrate the actuator with Cummins insite when you replaced it then do that first and check the vanes in the turbo for excessive carbon and soot buildup causing them to stick and not move freely. Check the turbo piping and charge air cooler for leaks causing a loss of boost pressure. another thing to verify is low power from weak injectors as they should be replaced at 500k

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

clean up and tune up the EGR system from soot and carbon as well.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

HiCustomer Did you get this resolved or still need help?