Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Just recently my turbo doesnt spool up on start up or at…

Customer Question
Just recently my turbo doesnt...
Just recently my turbo doesnt spool up on start up or at anytime anymore really. Going down the road the response just isnt there anymore. It will still pull but the response isnt what it used to be. It will build up to 35 pulling like it used to but takes longer to do it. What do you think could be the issue? Turbo has over 800,000 miles on it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/28/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If you did not calibrate the actuator with Cummins insite when you replaced it then do that first and check the vanes in the turbo for excessive carbon and soot buildup causing them to stick and not move freely. Check the turbo piping and charge air cooler for leaks causing a loss of boost pressure. another thing to verify is low power from weak injectors as they should be replaced at 500k

clean up and tune up the EGR system from soot and carbon as well.

HiCustomer Did you get this resolved or still need help?

Dan, Technician