Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We're getting fuel rail codes on a new 770 Bobcat every time…

Customer Question
We're getting fuel rail codes...
We're getting fuel rail codes on a new 770 Bobcat every time the machine works a high flow attachment. Filter interval is 500 hours, we've gone through 3 at 270 hours. Dealership blames fuel, but I've got 6 other high pressure fuel rail machines, this is the only one with a problem so I don't buy that.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/25/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

Does anything come out of the filter when you change it? any contamination

No, I saved the 2nd filter, but haven't cut it open to see. It lasted 20 hours, 19 in regular operation 1 with a snow blower. The blower ran less than 10 hours then went back to regular material handling sevice. So far no trouble, approx 30 hours on the 3rd filter. I'm considering trying the 2nd filter that couldn't run the snowblower in regular service to see if it's ok again under those different conditions.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

What kind of engine is in it?

Bobcat D34P.
And we are using ultra low sulfur fuel
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

the high pressure fuel system is very particular meaning if anything microscopic gets in it may throw a fault code. What type of filters are you using?

Bobcat, supplied filters. There is no alternative available.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

what is the part number you are using?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

what codes are coming up on the BICS box?

E001076-16
Rail pressure control fault
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok thanks I will get back with you let me do some research

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

I have seen where there have been some problems with the fuel filter housing is this unit still under warranty?

we bought it about 2 months ago
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

If I were you I would take it back to the dealer and let them figure that problem out you should not be spending hundreds of dollar on filters for a brand new machine I would tell them to take it back if they can not fix it and I would look at a different machines caterpillar 279c is a very good machine

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you talked to your dealer or decided what you are going to do

We spoke to them both times. They don't have any solution yet. We put the problem to them in writing last week, so far no reply.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Keep doing what your are doing if nothing works with them give it back because you are right on the high pressure fuel rail situation i think there is a failure internally with the fuel system you should not be spending hundreds of dollars on filters on a brand new machine keep me updated on the situation and rate me when you have a chance.