Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I'm I'm a diesel engineer I have a problem with a newholland

Customer Question

Hi I'm rich I'm a diesel engineer I have a problem with a newholland mini digger the tracks turns slow but if I curl the bucket at the same time at turning the tracks it's fine any ideas cheers
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Every thing else works perfectly ok just that it's really slow tracking left to right unless I use the bucket function at the same time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rich, My name is***** symptoms you are describing point to a faulty pump. Excavator pumps are two section pumps for main pressure therefor splitting the functions between pumps so multiple functions can operate at ones without suffering the lack of flow. When you experience the symptoms you are having it means either one pump is not being signaled to full flow or has a mechanical problem. Pilot pressure when a function is operated signals the pumps to stroke to full flow. Check pump signal pressure when the functions are operated and if equal and ok check the in tank return hydraulic filter for metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure occurring. It will look like fine metallic glitter in the oil and filter. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you still need help with this?