Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on many road graders, Bull dozers , skid steers, Rollers
6825259

Trying to start an 125 loader. Has been sitting years. What

Customer Question

Trying to start an Clark 125 B loader. Has been sitting for 7 years. What do I need in order to start?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  rplmoreci replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

If you're getting plenty of battery power and fuel, try pumping a couple shots of oil in the cylinders. You may not have enough compression.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron, this has not been started in 7 years. In order for me to see value in this site. I would like a complete list of what you would do in order to get it starting. Here is the case- Diesel engine, it is heavy machinery IE earth mover. It has been sitting in a barn for 6 years since the last time it was parked. What would be the steps to get it fired back up. I put new gas, prime injectors, new oil, two new batteries and have already put oil inside the cylinders because it has been sitting so long. What else can you advise me to do in order to get it cranking again. What should I buy to help. Thanks,Jarrod
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

HI I'm Wayne

I will you with this

I see you opened another question,

you never responded to my last INFO

Do Not put oil in the cylinders, Use diesel Fuel

crank over several times , twice a day, for 2-3 days, to loosen rings

remove valve cover, make sure all rockers are moving

and valves are working , reinstall injectors, fill filters full, and hold throttle to 3/4 open

to floor till runs smooth

if it does not start , do compression Test , looking for 40 to 450 LBS

you do not have this, rings are froze on pistons

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I am just following up with you

did my answer help you

let me know ,Please