Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Lansing FOER 15.1 3.0 PFL counterbalance truck

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Lansing FOER 15.1 3.0 PFL counterbalance truck thatdrives fine forward or reversing,but there is a blip sound and hydralics dont work i mean the forks dont go up.Can you help me with that?

Mechanic's Assistant: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.

Like i said there is a blip sound and the hidralyc don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?

No just that

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/17/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. When you say a blip sound are you referring to an electrical alarm or buzzer? Are any other functions that will get locked out or just the lift? Any warning indicators on?

HI THANKS FOR CAME BACK TO ME,THE BLIP SOUND COMES FROM A BUZZER,AND ONLY THE LIFT DOES'T WORK
NO WARNING INDICATORS AT ALL

I was trying to find a manual for this model or a schematic but have not been successful.

I HAVE GOT SERIAL NUMBER IF HELPS

It sounds like it might be safety switch related. Check all your fuses and relays, your wiring harness and the lift controls.... By chance do you have any of the manuals for this lift?

UNFORTUNATELY NO

I have looked. Unfortunately I have nothing for this model lift.... I am going to opt out in case another expert might have a manual or schematics.

OK MANY THANKS