Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I am having trouble in cat 312 excavator. 1. The movement of…

Customer Question
Hi I am having trouble in...
Hi
I am having trouble in cat 312 B excavator.
1. The movement of stick and bucket gets slow in between. I could feel the engine in load. travel and other function are ok.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/17/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Sherub, My name is***** is your serial number?

Thanks for the info.... What are your current main relief and power-shift pressures at?

Also your pilot pressure? Let me know what the actual pressures currently are

1.Main relief at 4227 PSi.
2.power shift at 3124 Psi.
3.pilot pressure at 572 Psi.

Power shift should be higher than Main...... click on these links for some Troubleshooting and test info.

Schematic

Calibration

Since this is only effecting two functions it sounds more like one side of the pump has an issue or it is a problem in the control valve..... Check the cycle times of both tracks since the travel is split between pumps.... See if they are equal. Let me know