Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a '90? Cat e70. Everything worked fine when I parked…

Customer Question
i have a '90? Cat...
i have a '90? Cat e70 b. Everything worked fine when I parked it one week ago. I started it yesterday, The temperature was was minus 6. The left track and swing do not work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Rene, Usually when you loose half your functions it is an indication of one half of your pump failing or one side is not getting signal pressure to stroke the pump to full flow.A quick initial first check would be to check the in tank hydraulic filter for fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure. Let me know

I checked filter no metal

Ok, Check the signal pressure to the pumps and verify both pumps are getting signal pressure to the pump control valves when the functions are operated.... Check your pilot pressure. Its usually in the range of around 550-600 PSI

Is the hydraulic oil milky at all?

I can't check that until this weekend we'll talk then? I was thinking something electrical because it worked fine when I parked it
no milky hyd.

That will be fine. My daughter is visiting this weekend so it will likely be late night or mornings I will be free

ok

We can post back and forth as needed.

I have removed and taken apart the pump. I need parts. One on the plates the plungers go through is cracked and bent.The pump is an Uchida Hydromatik. Model A10VD43SR1S5-995-4. Do you know where I can get them?

Hi Rene, Did you get this resolved?

Hi, Did you still need help with this?