Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2002 110 excavator - no hydralicnpower, very slow hydralics-

Customer Question
all circuits...
2002 110 excavator - no hydralicnpower, very slow hydralics- all circuits
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/11/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Pressure is the power, and volume of the flow is the speed. You need the pressure test to see where to start, or look at the hydraulic filters for debris from pump failing. Low pressure and you have no power, and if pump is worn, you will not have the volume needed for the speed . Likely a bad pump.

Make of excavator?

Deere
has been acting funny for a couple of weeksno power at tracks, especially turninga couple of times machine lost all power and speed
shut down and start up and would be fine againnow entire machine has no power or speeddid a harness check to sensors, all seemms fineif i boom up, pump makes engine work but boom barly moves
will move a little after warm uphave changed all filters and fluidsI have test and tech manual pdf if you need
11 February 2016 03:16
Deere

Did you inspect the filter when they were removed? If nothing found , the flow control valve can be stuck. causing slow speed and no power. I would want to inspect the flow control.

I will check filter before I remove flow regulator valve and check and clean it
will let you know what I findIts a start!
Stupid questiondebris found on inside or outside of filter (outside if I remember)

Filter in the tank is a suction filter, so ny debris would be in tank and on outside of the filter.

checked filter, looked clean
Hooked pressure gage to pilot hose at valve body- right track
show 520 psi when pedal is depressed - thinking pilot system is at specHooked 8000 psi pressure gauge to front pumpreads 0 w/ no load
boom up, / arm in reads 1900+/- psi
right track forward reads 800 +/- psi
motor dogs ad expected under load, but boom will not raiseboth well under specwill test rear pump tomorrowThis machine has a dual pump as well as a pump which controls blade
Why do I have NO power on any cuircit - blade included if there are different pumps and controls for separate curcuits

Pump bypasses internally until load is there, then it supplies the required pressure.

power is getting worse every day
will be getting fittings tomorrow to test pilot lines at pumpsPulled and inspected main pressure valve
nothing obviouse and no change

Pilot pressures ok? Did you find problem. Been out of town.

pilot pressure to main pump at specthere is a line from blade pump to main pump regulators
Tested pressure there - only 200 +- psi
should be 3kremoved pressure relieve on blade circuit - looked finethinking issue is in blade pump
Maybe coupler between pilot and blade pump ??????Should i remove entire pump and send to hyd shop or take apart and see what it looks like and check coupler
Its a pain to get to hydralic shop from where I live

Would have thought pressure would be zero. But maybe slipping?

Still hard to explain why it came and went all summer
Whatever it is is rapidly getting worst

I would remove the pump and check it!

Replace pump
machine is back to where it was 2 weeks ago
very weak and slow
still no pressure off blade pump

Is blade pump getting oil? Not suckig air? Why did you replce pup? Did you find any thing wrong with old pump?

Pump just moves fluid, pressure is restriction of the flow, is pump pumping and is the function it serves closed , so pressur builds?