Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have 416B cat backhoe rear brakes losing fued but no

Customer Question
I have 416B cat...

I have 416B cat backhoe rear brakes losing fued but no lekes

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I push on peatl and i lose fuled on right side

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/10/2016
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Most B model backhoes, use hydraulic oil for brake fluid. Often I see operators fill the reservoir with brake fluid and this destroys the seals in the brakes.

Depending on the serial number of the machine, you will likely need to remove the axle and reseal the brakes.

To verify this, check the oil level in the rear axle, it will likely be overfull.

If you need more information about this repair, please let me know.

Also please provide the full machine serial number so I an research the correct information.