Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1982 tachi excavator model UH02 it has steel

Customer Question
I have a 1982 Hitachi...
I have a 1982 Hitachi excavator model UH02 it has steel tracks, it runs well and moves well on tracks, but after about 6 are 7 hours working it s real slow when trying to move but the rest of it still has same speed,(swing, boom, bucket) only tracks move slow??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/4/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Jeff. My name is***** will be glad to help. If all functions are still strong except for travel then reseal your rotary manifold and also remove and inspect your relief valves in the main control valve for travel for debris, sticking, damaged o rings, etc. 9 out of 10 travel problems on excavators are rotary manifold seals leaking and bypassing pressure internally. Let me know