Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 3825 skid steer. It was working fine this morning…

Customer Question
I have a 3825 skid...
I have a 3825 skid steer. It was working fine this morning moving snow. Then after dumping a bucket full and lowering the bucket, the joystick is stuck. Wont go forward or back. The bucket tilt works fine, the skid steer moves forward/reverse and left/right okay.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/3/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

The joystick linkage runs direct from the control, to the control valve. Is the linkage loose, or has it jammed or seized? If you follow it direct to the control valve, can you move the spool in the valve for the boom? Or is the spool bound up? Much more likley that the linkage has come loose and is stuck. SL3825 I assume.