Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I HAVE AN LINKBELT LS2800 C SERIES 2 EXCAVATOR 1978 MODEL.

Customer Question
MAN ####-##-#### *****# ***** ENGINE...
I HAVE AN LINKBELT LS2800 C SERIES 2 EXCAVATOR 1978 MODEL. MAN ####-##-#### *****# ***** ENGINE RUNS GREAT-I BOUGHT A GUAGE AND TESTED PUMPS AND THEY ARE SPEC. WE WERE RUNNING PERFECTLY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN WHEN YOU CLOSE OR OPEN BUCKET TO THE STOPS IT PULLS MOTOR DOWN AND AT THE SAME TIME RIGHT TRACK STARTED RUNNING REAL FAST TO THE POINT OF KILLING THE MOTOR. ALSO THE BUCKET LOOSES ITS GRIP ON A STUMP IN A SHORT TIME WHEN MOVING THEM AROUND.ALL OTHER RELIEF SETTINGS LOOK GOOD ON THE REST OF THE MACHINE EXCEPT BUCKET. DONT KNOW ABOUT THE RIGHT TRACK. IT SPIKES EITHER WAY ON THE BUCKET. TRIED ADJUSTING BUT THATS NOT IT. THE MACHINE IS WORKING HARD ALL OF A SUDDEN AND WILL OVER HEAT AFTER A SHORT TIME. MABEY 15 MINUTES. YOU CAN SEE THE MOTOR IS WORKING WAY TOO HARD. ALL OF THESE THINGS HAPPENED AT ONCE.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/2/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. It sounds like the pump swash plate or control is sticking the pump in full stroke. Check the return filter in the tank for signs of metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure occurring. It will look like fine glitter in the oil and filter. Also check the relief cartridges in the main control valve for damaged o rings or debris etc causing then to stick including the control valve spool.Let me know