Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

New Holland skidsteer LX665 --- left foot peddle skicks or…

Customer Question
New Holland skidsteer LX665 ---...
New Holland skidsteer LX665 --- left foot peddle skicks or does not return to neutral at times & growls & hyd. oil gets hot until you back off on the throttle.In hot weather the coolant & oil both gets hot & lowering of the throttle will cool it down.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/28/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Left pedal, which works the bucket? The control valve has a spring that should return the valve to neutral when pedal is released. Either the linkage from foot pedal to valve is full of mud or rust, and sticking, or the return spring is broken or rusted. It is located under cover, on the opposite end of the valve, from where the linkage attaches.

# ***** would be the cover that has the return spring

Did you find the spool sticking?