Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Hyundai loader with the following details: Loader…

Customer Question
I have a Hyundai loader...
I have a Hyundai loader with the following details:
Loader Model: HL757-7A
Engine: Cummins QSB6.7 serial # ***** CPL # *****
Problem Description: After I overhauled the engine with a complete new parts and install it in the loader the system monitor shows the following error codes: 141 - 415 - 2322
I am really looking for any expert here to hep me in this matter.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/27/2016
Mechanic: cumminsdr, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic

I can help. Are you showing oil pressure on the console?

Hi
Thanks for your reply. Yes the oil pressure lights up when I start the loader together with a warning lamp in the top center of the console with a triangle shape. When I checked the loader monitor it shows Three error codes 141 - 415 - 2322

Thank you. Check your oil level, It Seems the Cummins ECM is not seeing oil pressure based on your faults. I would install a manual gauge and verify you do have oil pressure at the cummins switch It could be a bad sensor, unhooked connector. You have oil pressure SWITCH Part number(###) ###-####so you should only have one wire present .The oil pressure sensor is located on the intake side of the engine on the engine block, below the fuel filter

And the other fault is for the cam/crank speed -pos sensor. Ensure it is connected properly and the sensors are installed correct with no damage. The sensors are the same part number 287277 try swapping them over to see if you get another fault to assist in isolating them to find the failed sensor if needed.

Please don't forget to rate my service.

Fault Code: 141
PID: P100
SPN: 100
FMI: 4/4
LAMP: Amber

Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit - Voltage Below Normal, or Shorted to Low Source. Low signal voltage detected at the engine oil pressure circuit.

None on performance. No engine protection for oil pressure.

Fault Code: 415
PID: P100
SPN: 100
FMI: 1

Engine Oil Rifle Pressure - Data Valid but Below Normal Operational Range - Most Severe Level. Oil pressure signal indicates oil pressure is below the engine protection critical limit.

Progressive power derate increasing in severity from time after alert. If the Engine Protection Shutdown feature is enabled, engine will shut down 30 seconds after the red STOP lamp starts flashing.

Possible causes of this fault code include:

• Low oil pressure
  • Incorrect oil level
  • Damaged oil pressure switch
  • Engine harness shorted to ground.

Fault Code: 2322
PID: S64
SPN: 723
FMI: 2

Backup Engine Speed/Position Sensor Number 2 - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect. Camshaft engine speed sensor intermittent synchronization.

The camshaft engine position sensor provides engine position information to the electronic control module (ECM). The sensor is powered by (+) 5-VDC. The sensor generates the signal by sensing the movement of target teeth machined into a tone wheel that is mounted to the camshaft.

the crankshaft engine speed sensor is located on the intake side of the engine behind the vibration damper near the tone wheel. The camshaft speed sensor is located below the fuel pump in the back of the gear housing.

Causes for this fault code:

• Intermittent loss of primary speed sensor signal. The most likely cause is an intermittent open or short circuit as can be experienced with speed sensor connector problems
  • Sensor air gap that is marginally too small or too large, or target wheel exhibits excessive runout.

Any luck finding the cause?

Hi
Sorry it was around 1 am and I forgot my computer on. I am now checking with my mechanic and I will update you with everything.

ok

Hi, Just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service

please don't forget to rate my service

Just seeing if you need more assistance. Please let me know

Hello

Hi just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service.

Hi
I am really sorry that I didn`t get in touch with you. About my engine for the fault 2232 I changed the sensor and the fault is gone but I still have a problem with the pressure. I changed the pressure switch and also I changed the oil pump and the pressure problem still exist with the following fault coded 143 & 415. I asked the mechanic to check the pressure with a pressure gauge and I will let you know as soon as he tells me.

Ok no problem.

Any luck?