Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Looking at a 645b owner says it has a transmission problem…

Customer Question
looking at a 645b owner...
looking at a 645b owner says it has a transmission problem when in high range it runs like low range and low range is super low. He says it does not seem to affect the power of it though. He had talked to someone a while back and they said it was some kind of valve and was a common problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/28/2016
Mechanic: ebrock63,
 replied 2 years ago
ebrock63

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, to be honest, I am not familiar with a 645b model. Can you give me the year and make of your car/truck as I assume it is since it is listed in car transmission category. If it isnt a car/truck, let me know so I can get it into the correct category

It is an Allis 645b pay loader
Mechanic: ebrock63,
 replied 2 years ago

HI,

Ok, let me opt out and get this sent to the correct category for you

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is the serial number of the machine?

Either way, Check the oil condition for discoloration and burnt smell and also check the filter for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal failure occurring. If the oil is like brand new or just changed I would be leery that the owner was already trying to diagnose this or maybe the oil did show metal or discoloration and is masking the problem to sell it

It sounds more like a possible converter problem or slipping in the clutches or low transmission charge pressure. It would be worth having the transmission pressures checked before buying a machine with a potential converter or transmission failure.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?