Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a Deere skid steer with a code f9p8 and will not start…

Customer Question
Have a John Deere skid...
Have a John Deere skid steer with a code f9p8 and will not start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/23/2016
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

The F9H9 Fault code indicates that the hydraulic output lock solenoid is shorted to ground. Typically if this fault is active the boom and buck will not unlock and function. Inspect the hydraulic spool lock solenoid and wiring for signs of pinching or damage. If you have an ohm meter the two boom lock and bucket lock solenoids should test between 14 and 18.5 ohms.

The F9P8 fault code indicates that the park brake output is open. If this fault is active the park brake will not disengage. Inspect the wiring leading to the park brake solenoid to make sure it has not come un plugged or been broken along the way, this will cause a no start

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

HI

I am just following up with you

did my answer help you

Let me know , Please