Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 60s era case 580 CK backhoe, hard to get into gear…

Customer Question
I have a 60s era...
I have a 60s era case 580 CK backhoe, hard to get into gear but then ran forward and back fine with the shuttle shift, two months ago. Work on the brakes just now, at this point it shifts into gear much more easily but won't move forward or reverse with the steering shaft shuttle shift control it is freezing out, does that make a difference, the clutch now activates the brakes were before the brakes didn't work at all. How was that connected to Power shuttle running or not. ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check for any discoloration of the oil or milkiness indicating water which could freeze in cold temps aside from the already thicker oil from the cold. Next check for any signs of metal/debris in the filter/strainer and oil indicating an internal problem. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper

Hi, Did you get this resolved?