Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 97 Cat th63 serial number is 5WM01292. I need help…

Customer Question
hello, i have a 97...
hello, i have a 97 Cat th63 serial number is ***** I need help about installing the brake lights and the reverse lights, since i bought the machine used and without them. sometimes i have to drive it 6 or 8 blocks from job to another job and i need to have the light so i can feel safer in the street. i need to know the parts numbers and the steps to install them. thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Johny, My name is***** will be glad to help. Click on this link for the electrical schematic showing the wiring for the optional lighting. The part numbers can be super-seeded and upgraded so its best to go right through the dealer to have them look up the option by serial number.

Schematics

Ok i see the squematics, the parts i can find in my parts book. Lets assume i have all the parts, where can i find the wires ill need, can you explain me how do i install them?
What are the steps to connect them. The wiring is what is complicated for me. In the meantime i will look for the other hardware

Most of this should be plug and play and the harness should accept the switches and lights as there will likely be empty connectors tied up and tucked away in the harness. The schematics will help you identify the wire numbers fir the lights.