Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

The forward and reverse has a very slow response, you move…

The forward and reverse has...
The forward and reverse has a very slow response, you move the joystick forward all the way and 5 seconds later your moving. Same delay when you try to stop or reverse. I have a 2011 Terex pt70 skid steer.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/14/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Chad, My name is***** will be glad to help you with this if you still need help. Check your hydraulic filter for signs of metal/debris indicating a component ( Drive motor/Pump, etc) problem occurring and if clean the next step is to check your pressures. Check your charge pressure which is control pressure to be sure it is in specs and if so then move onto your main pressures for a possible relief valve/control valve problem, pump, drive motor problem etc. Check your case drain from the drive motors to see if you have excessive case drain pressure as well indicating internal leakage in the drive motors. It is unlikely that two drive motors will fail at the same time so most commonly you will find a control problem. Click this link for the test and troubleshooting information for your testing.

Troubleshooting

Dan, Technician