Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Sounds like engine is loading up when trying to start. 2008

Customer Question

sounds like engine is loading up when trying to start. 2008 185 w/john deer diesel engine....started just fine 2 days ago and ran great....tried next day and will not start.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Unloader valve may be stuck, loading the engine. Have you drained the air off the compresser to see if it makes any difference? What is battery voltage when you are trying to start? 12 volt battery should drop no lower than 8 volts! Any lower, battery or cables are bad,

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see my responses are showing as customer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the unloader valve and it seems to be ok. it also has a new battery that shows 100% charge. When I started this transaction, it was supposed to be a $5.00 deposit. Turns out I paid the entire $57.00. then an offer came up to join with a monthly fee involved...I definitely do NOT want to join anything with a monthly fee. I am right back to not having an engine that runs and would like to have a refund.....
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I work from home as contractor, any site pricing has to be with site. Did you bleed all the air off the unit? With no air/back pressure, the compressor should not be loading engine. What is battery voltage when trying to start?