Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

Tb 145 gets to running temp and shuts down? No warning

Customer Question
lights activated on display. Still...
tb 145 gets to running temp and shuts down? No warning lights activated on display. Still has power and engine turns over but wont start. Leave it for a few hours to cool down and starts straight away. Runs smoothly until warm and shuts down again. (sudden stop, no hiccups or rough idle) Have replaced fuel filter, topped up coolant & hydraulics, cleaned air filter and checked fuses. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/9/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Sean. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check and verify your actual oil pressure and using a digital temp reader to get your coolant temp readings. If in specs then you likely have a faulty sensor or harness problem for the sensors.

Emergency engine shutdown

/ return-to-idle system helps

protect the engine from

damage due to low oil

pressure or high coolant

temperature

The control panel has #2 engine oil pressure warning lamp and #3 coolant temperature warning lamp. As mentioned in the Question, neither are coming on and the temp gauge doesn't rise above a third. Shouldn't the warning lamps come on if that was the area causing the shutdown? From the answer you gave, can I eliminate hydraulics as the cause? Thanks

Thanks for the info. Does it shut down instantly like you turned off the key or die out like its running out of fuel?

Also when you turn the key on do those warning lights come on for self test?

shuts down instantly like turning the key off. Engine and hydraulics stop instantly. No alarms on control panel. On restart, all icons flash on like normal. Then just 2 top lights stay on. Engine will turn over but wont fire. Once its cooled down, starts first go. Runs smoothly when on. Not rough or hiccups.

Click this link and see PDF page 130.... Check the relays and for power to the shutoff solenoid when this happens for a possible faulty relay or shutdown solenoid. If not power to the solenoid, check the relays. Let me know

http://www.dracoequipment.com/Takeuchi%20Manuals/Takeuchi%20Excavator%20Parts%20Manuals/PARTS%20MANUAL%20TB145%20BK3Z010.pdf

Dan, Technician