Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 6320 when you engage the pto it runs 10-15 seconds

Customer Question

Hi kevin
I have a 6320 when you engage the pto it runs for about 10-15 seconds and shuts off the pto Rpms get to 200 that's it replaced speed sensor but that was not the problem wondering what your thoughts where
Thanks jason
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jason,

The PTO should fully engage in only a few seconds at which point the RPM's should exceed 200. If this is a cab tractor the dash should display a full fault code when the PTO shuts back off. If this is the case can you tell me what code is displayed. Otherwise let me know if it is an open station tractor and I will assist you with diagnosing the problem using a different method.

Let me know when you have time.

Thanks,

Kevin