Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Its ***** *****. In the UK. I have a D6H series II. Manual

Customer Question

Customer: hi. Its ***** *****. In the UK. I have a D6H series II. Manual Steering. 4RC serial number. Cannot steer either left nor right. The mechanic has checked the steering pump. Seems ok. pressure gause at idle = 0
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: steering control valve on inital check seems ok.he is yet to check the steering cluctches
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: if i can get the right kind of help yes. eg. the step by step of things he will need to check + and the expected results. eg. if the idle pressure i reading 0... what does it mean and wht does he have to do?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Peter My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Please confirm the pressures you are getting to release the steering clutches. The clutches are spring applied and pressure released. You should be seeing around 400PSI of release pressure when releasing a clutch on each side for steering

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Check and verify the clutch release pressure for both right and left side and also drain the steering clutch housings and look for metal and friction material in the housings and drain oil indicating worn brakes and clutches. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Peter, did you get this resolved?