Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Komatsu d31p dozer starts and runs well. Has been sitting

Customer Question

Komatsu d31p dozer starts and runs well . Has been sitting for 2 years it will not move forward or backward.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your machine serial number?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Please let me know the details of your problem as the site uses some historical questions when advertising but the only way the experts can find or pull them is by the question link themselves. Also let me know the serial number of your machine.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about that Steve the site is combining my questions for some reason..... Let me know the serial number of your dozer so I can be sure to get you the correct info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
D31p-18 sn# *****
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. If the fluids are all full then under the floor plate check to see if the drive shaft is turning fast from the engine drive damper to the transmission for a possible failed drive damper. Also inspect the filters internally for any metal/debris indicating internal mechanical problems. It will be a small investment for a set of filters to know if there is any signs or failure inside them. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If the shaft is turning providing power to the transmission then see what is in the transmission filter and the oil condition. Check to be sure the transmission control linkages is also fully engaging from the controls as well. Click this link to help with parts locations and verification.

Parts diagrams

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve, Did you get this resolved?