Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Am trying to hook up the electrical of a meteor snow plow to

Customer Question

Hi. Am trying to hook up the electrical of a meteor snow plow to the auxiliary harness of a 430 case skidsteer. Lost power to the auxiliary 14 pin connector. Also lost pwr to part of the ignition, as it won't turn over. Lights come on when I sit on the seat. Couldn't find any fuses blown. Do you know this specific fuse location? Is there an inline switch for the auxiliary pwr? If so, location? Thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pat, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Here is a schematic with a legend that will help. Let me know if you need more help.

Schematic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NAM415857
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info Pat. let me know if that schematic works for you. Also there are some manuals available with full test and troubleshooting, specs, schematics, and repair info for instant download I came up with for you. Click this link to access the page.

manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I just have my Iphone. I can't view the schematic properly. Can you give me a verbal description of where the fuse is?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pat, The schematic isnt clear on the fuse panel identification. i could not find the operators book on your model. Do you have it by chance? There should be the chart in the operators book. If not, the service book will have the schematics. If you have a test light, the fastest way is to probe each side of the metal tabs on the top of each fuse with the keyswitch on. there should be power on both sides. Any fuse with power on only one side is faulty. Let me know. I am logging out for the night but we can post back and forth as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi back. I had previously checked all the fuses in the fuse box. Somebody had mentioned that sometimes on different equipment, they will put a inline fuse when adding the auxiliary external wiring harness??
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pat, Yes it is common practice and added insurance to ad an inline fuse for the circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me again. I guess the question is, do you know if there is one on this machine, and if so, the location of it?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately if it was added it is at the technicians leisure on where they would install it. You would have to trace out the circuit unfortunately and see if one was installed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan. Unfortunately at this time I cannot give you a rating as I have yet to find the inline fuse, assuming there is one.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pat, I can not speculate unfortunately on what another technician may or may not have installed on your machine in the past. I am not there to test out the circuit. If it were my job I would have the service book schematics handy sn test out the circuit with my test light and digital multi-meter for continuity and check the powers and grounds through the circuit following the schematic. I posted a link for the service book you will need. My time has been voluntary up to this point to try to help. No rating means no pay for me from the site and you are not obligated to rate if you are not satisfied. Under the circumstances I am going to opt out of your question in case someone else might know if someone installed a separate inline fuse on your machine. I unfortunately have no way of knowing and can only go by what your machine came factory with. Other than that only the person that installed it if that were the case would be the only one to know where it is. I dont want to use up any more of each others time. Maybe another expert can offer some further suggestions. Good luck with your repair.