Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Names ***** ***** DeWetter and i have a kubota 121-3 when

Customer Question

Customer: hello , names ***** ***** DeWetter and i have a kubota 121-3 when its cold the AI doesnt work , any ideas ??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I live in northern BC Canada , its been working great until we got cold weather , the ,motor starts ok , but i have no throtle , i get a code AI 14 motor break
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Construction and Road Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I have no information and am only answering so the site will let me opt out! Is the alternator wired into oil pressure switch? If so, it may be slow to close, keeping alternator from getting the field voltage to start the charge cycle. Good luck with it.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Are you having any other symptoms such as hard starting, etc? Test the battery with a digital tester for possible bad cells and clean tighten and inspect the battery to starter connections including all grounds. Verify the Alternator is charging 1-2 volts above battery voltage with the engine running. Check the throttle sensor and harness for problems and test the sensor with an OHM meter for opens. Let me know if we need to dig deeper into this.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gerald, did you get this resolved?