Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

V504C SMOKE FUEL IN MUFFLER RECENT REBUILD RAN GREAT ON DYNO

Customer Question

V504C WHITE SMOKE FUEL IN MUFFLER RECENT REBUILD RAN GREAT ON DYNO RUN IN INJECTOR CUPS HAVE ALOT OF BUILD UP CARBON POSSIBLE CAUSES?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Denis, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. On this rebuild could you tell me what parts were reused, remachined, or replaced with reman or new? It helps to get some more history. If you are not experiencing coolant loss causing the white smoke it will likely be a problem with the injectors. Be sure the overhead adjustments are correct and to Cummins specs as well. Let me know some more details and I will be glad to help further.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If an injector failed mechanically it will dump raw fuel into the cylinder and wash out the rings and scuff the Liner in that cylinder.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Did you get this resolved?