Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

May be same prob ,loads motor up .Have put new pumps on also

Customer Question

May be same prob ,loads motor up .Have put new pumps on also pulled valve bank apart repaired the share valves all is a bit better but still does it
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is this a continuation of another question already in progress? Let me know the history here, Machine info, and I will be glad to try to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It an old piece of shit but as like you all i do is repair machinery ithe pumps were stuffed but new ones on it was the same it seemed the valve body was not sharing so i pulled it out sent away i was wright the valves were us .Got it back went to Narrandra and put it back ,,, it better but still engine has trouble , I just put gauges on the inner pump is 3000 psi outer is 2000 psi ill turn up the outer ,,yes
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

did you clean out an flush the entire system of metal? Pull and clean out the lines, valves, check for metal in the swing motor, drive motors, cylinders, etc? I see the main control valve got stuffed with metal.... does the return have any restrictions and is there still signs of any metal in the in tank return filter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No all is good .i started in the first place stalling motor ,i try all simple shit ,then pump ect
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Agree. If all the fuel system checks like fuel pressure, no restrictions or leaks and the turbo checks out good then we are into the hydraulic circuit. So what functions make this fall flat on its face? all or just a few?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan as like you i dont miss much this is hydrolic hey if you dont know ill work it out ok just i read that other letter same machine my be same problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dipper arm on out function
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I need this info to narrow things down as you know.... I am independent now with my own road truck but was field service for Cat, worked for Komatsu, Deere, and Volvo in the past. What is the model and serial number of this machine or at least the model and dash machine. It seems it didnt post on this question thread for some reason... Ok so the dipper function overloads the engine but other functions are ok. Pull the relief cartridge for the Dipper/arm circuit and check it for metal and damaged o rings. There could have been some trash that made it back into the valve.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Check the arm/dipper main pressure port to be sure it is free of debris as well in case you might have a cylinder that is producing metal and coming apart.... This will at least rule that out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung se280 lc1 Forget all that ive been in this bussiness for 40 years forget the simple shit hey done all that may be one tract is down as all problems are on one bank if i swap the pilots over it make all work and other down so my be need to turn up the outter pump ive a manual in front of me
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I remember when Volvo bought Samsung. I was at the dealer then. Had two different decals on the machine. Haha. Anyway. Try adjusting the control on that low pump to get that output up into specs like you were going to and see if it will come out of it. That why I was asking if it was just the dipper cause as you know each track runs off a different pump. Check your cycle times for travel before the adjustment and after to chack for any gains in flow and travel speed as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill go do thank you Dan
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Are the signal pressures to the pump controls the same for both pumps? If so just turn the pump up

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Pleasure to help. Keep me posted on the results and if we need to dig deeper into this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan this pump is not responding there is a set scew on the regulator Another goes in to the pump front an rear may be im try the wro g one Dan
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Is the manual you have in PDF? The only one I have access to is for a dash 2. There should be a testing an adjusting section in the book unless the manual is incomplete. If it is a PDF file maybe you could upload it to mediafire or drop box and give me the link. I review the schematics and specs.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Just keep track of the turns as Im sure you know so you can put it back if it is not changing anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dan this outer pump is not reponding to what i want . Is pumping 2000 psi and does not in crease or decrease at all ive played with the regulator ,no go also the two adjustments on front and rear of pump .the pilot pressurs are different 1500 on outer 2000 on the inner
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for the update. Is the manual you have a paper copy or do you have it in a file you can share with me? I want to see a schematic on this machine as well as the pressure specs from the book. LEt me know if you can upload those pages at least so I can look them over when I get back. I have to log off for the night in a few as I have a machine down that I have to leave here in 7 hours ( 11PM here).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan its just part catalog nmaintenance ,, service manual All a bit hard as im at a farm in Narrandra nsw i live in melb .lm a contract mec to Ace contracting of melb this is one of their farms were this machine is i spend a week here every 3 months to fix all but this samsumg has been going for some time first i pulled pumps off faces were damaged went up months later with new pump hey better but the same to me it seemed not sharing is work load properly so pulled out valve bank .Back to melb sent away n yes f**ked .last month came up fitted it ,better but the same . Wright now have gauges with me i shits me that i cannot get any reaction 2000 psi what ever i do .Ha yes got the shits with it ive done all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I the electronics going to stuff me over here .There are 3 solinods under the cab i can over ride them it make no difference
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I feel your pain. Sounds like a big can of worms. Post the serial number for me and I will see if I can gather this info through some of my vendors here and also there is another expert on the site that still works at a dealer. I will send him the link to this question and maybe he can jump in if he can get this info. his name is ***** ***** in case you hear from him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Se280.lc hay1688 21145613 there you go Dan