Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a PC27mr-3 that working really slowly, we change the

Customer Question

I have a PC27mr-3 that working really slowly, we change the hydraulic pump for a new one, and still working slow very slow
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help. What is your serial number? Also when you changed the pump did you flush and clean out the entire hydraulic system of metal? How much metal is in the return filter? Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we flushed the entire hydraulic system...but i think we change the pump for nothing...cause we got the same problem after and before the change..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We also change the main relief valve...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now, we thinking about a solenoid maybe doesn't work properly
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Have yo checked your pressures? What are you getting for pilot pressure and main pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't call, I'm located in caribbean...
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

There is a main pump and a pilot pressure pump. Did you replace both pumps?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That is ok. The site flags for phone calls as an extra service we can post back and forth here as needed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we change the complete set.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check again the pilot pressure, do you have an idea of the value i should find?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

ok. The main pump is variable displacement and the pilot pump is a fixed displacement. The main pump gets signal pressure to the pump control valve to signal the pump to full stroke. Verify you have signal pressure to the pump control valve when a function is operated.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Pilot pressure will be in the range of around 500-550 PSI

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i have to get the pressure up, how i proceed ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have the manual. Click on this link for a manual under $20 in PDF you can download which will have all your test and adjusting info, schematics, and specs.

Service info